The weeks between Thanksgiving and New Years represent the busiest travel time of the year for most, which can make it harder to stick to a healthy diet and exercise plan. Fortunately, TourDeFIT.com®, a global fitness and wellness portal, today announces its top five tips for travelers on staying fit over the holiday season.
The holidays are a wonderful time of year, full of family feasts and festive gatherings, but can also come with overindulgences and heightened stress both risk factors to a healthy lifestyle, said Maria Mazursky, founder and CEO of TourDeFIT.com. With the help of TourDeFIT.com, traveling revelers can learn to make time for fitness and wellness amidst the festivities and chaos of the holiday season, even when away from home.
TourDeFIT.com offers holiday travelers the following suggestions:
1. Be fit anywhere: A free online membership to TourDeFIT.com comes with a database of classes and gyms all over the world allowing you to receive special deals and register directly online. You can even make it a family affair by selecting a group activity, such as kickboxing, Zumba, or rock climbing to get the whole gang involved between the Christmas caroling and holiday movie marathons.
2. Prepare for snacking temptations: Airports aren’t known for their healthy (or budget friendly) fare. Plan ahead and pack high-protein snacks such as nuts, trail mix, pumpkin seeds or beef jerky that will keep you sated longer. Not only will you save money and calories while traveling, but you¹ll be less likely to binge on a decadent holiday dinner once you arrive at your destination.
3. Take time to rest and relax: The stress of travel combined with the hustle and bustle of the holiday season can be hard on your immune system. Reduce stress with a true gift to yourself by making time for a massage. Why not make an appointment with one of TourDeFit.com’s massage therapist partners? Or, if you¹re looking for a more active form of relaxation, there are hundreds of yoga classes you can book via the TourDeFIT.com reservation center.
4. Pack wisely: If you only pack your comfy, stretch pants, chances are you’ll spend your holiday vacation overeating and filling them out. Instead, make sure to include your favorite workout gear in your travel bag, giving you no excuse to avoid that quick run or fitness class wherever you go.
5. Set a fitness goal: Get a head start on New Year’s resolutions. Sign up for an event, such as a half marathon, triathlon or 5K before next spring. Research, get deals on, and register for events in your area through TourDeFIT.com, and give yourself something to stay focused on and work towards, beyond the holiday craze.
For more fitness and nutrition tips or to sign up for a free membership, visit TourDeFIT.com.
This guest blog post was written by:
TourDeFIT.com® is a global fitness and wellness portal in which thousands of users browse and reserve fitness and wellness classes, services and events daily. TourDeFIT.com® makes it easy for users to seamlessly connect with the fitness and wellness providers that help to enrich their lives. TourDeFIT.com is also a leader in Corporate Wellness Management, as well as providing access to its advanced web portal giving companies across the United States a valuable tool to implement, as a part of their workplace wellness programs. For more information regarding TourDeFIT.com®, please email them at firstname.lastname@example.org.