It’s always great to see how the fitness and nutrition experts do things when it comes to exercise and diet. In this case, we have nutritionist Amanda Foti, MS, RD of Selvera offering her ten exercise/nutrition tips for you.
- Wake up 6:30 am for 7:00 am kickboxing, cycling, or solo gym workout cardio + weights (5 days x week).
- Breakfast: eggs, avocado and fruit OR whey grass fed protein shake blended with cucumber, kale, chia seeds, berries, and Green Superfood powder. (Usually a spoonful of almond butter out the door because I can’t resist). If I have to grab on the go (rare) I grab a spinach feta wrap from Starbucks.
- Walk to work (2000 steps) Starbucks Grande blonde with cinnamon and soy milk.
- Mid-morning snack: KIND protein+ bar.
- Lunch: Salad with grilled chicken, grilled eggplant, feta and oil-based dressing OR turkey, cheddar and spinach sandwich on whole wheat sandwich thin.
- Mid-day walk (2000 steps) good break from the office.
- Mid-afternoon snack: Greek yogurt + fruit OR cottage cheese + fruit.
- Walk home (2000-4000 steps, depending how ambitious I am.
- Dinner: lean protein + vegetables. I love using the grill, lately it’s been skewers with shrimp, chicken or beef. For vegetables, asparagus or zucchini has been a go-to and wheat pilaf if I need something extra. Except, Friday’s are always pizza night!
- Late night snack if I want one: air popped popcorn and a square of Ghirardelli dark chocolate for a sweet taste. I typically don’t drink alcohol during the week but if I do it’ll be a crisp glass of pinot griot on the balcony to wind down in the evening.
Amanda Foti, MS, RD, is a Dietitian and a New York State Certified Dietitian-Nutritionist with a Masters in Clinical Nutrition from New York University. Amanda started as the original dietitian at Selvera.